My new obsession is sugar free raw deserts. They are simple, easy to make and so so delicious. Here is the recipe for my latest creation….
For the Brownie:
1 cup walnuts
1 cup almonds
1 cup cacoa
2 cup dates (soaked in water to soften)
1/2 cup or raisons
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 tablespoon of coconut nectar
1/4 teaspoon of chilli powder
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 pinch of seasalt
For the Glaze:
2 tablespoons almond milk
1/2 cup dark chocolate (you could use dairy free to make this a vegan desert)
1/8 teaspoon chilli powder
To make the Brownies:
- In a food processor or blender, process the almonds and walnuts until fine
- Add in the cacoa powder and blend some more
- Add in the cinnamon, chilli powder and sea salt and pulse a few times
- Add in the soften dates and raison a handful at a time (keep scraping the side of the bowl)
- Drizzle in the coconut nectar and the vanilla (feel free to add extra coconut nectar if the mixture seems a bit dry)
- Press into a lined baking dish and pop in the fridge while you make the glaze.
To make the Glaze:
- Warm the almond milk in a small saucepan on a low heat
- Add in the chocolate pieces and stir until the the chocolate has melted
- Add the chilli powder and stir some more
- Drizzle the glaze over the brownie and pop back in the fridge to cool
Cut into pieces and enjoy.
The brownies should last up to 1 week in the fridge in an airtight container.